Last updated: Sunday, January 12th, 2020
We hosted our second invitational tournament on Saturday, January 11th, 2020, on Carnegie Mellon’s Pittsburgh campus.
See the final tournament results.
The tournament’s over! This year, for our second tournament, we were able to host 25 teams — more than twice as many as the year before! Thank you to all the teams who competed, to all the coaches for helping us proctor events, and to all the volunteers who helped make this tournament a reality. We hope you enjoyed attending our tournament as much as we enjoyed hosting it, and we’ll see you again next year!
Tests and answer keys
Electronic copies of blank tests and answer keys have been sent to all attending teams. We will release the exams publicly on our website in June 2020.
Schedule of events
We plan to run all 23 of the official 2019 Division C events. We will not be running any trial events. Wherever it makes a difference, we will be following regional rules.
Below are some PDFs with information for tournament day.
Carnegie Mellon University is located at 5000 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. Click here for directions.
CMU maintains several versions of the campus map which you can print or explore to help you get around campus.
See the location guide above for pictures of each of the buildings that will be used during the event.
For smaller vehicles, free parking is available on weekends and after 5pm on weekdays in the East Campus garage, located next to the Cohon University Center. Visit Parking Services for more information.
Buses can park in Schenley Park (located less than 5 minutes from campus) free of charge.
Carnegie Mellon is located in the middle of a few different neighborhoods with hotels at a convenient distance from the university. The admissions office maintains a comprehensive list of hotels for your stay.
The following hotels have bus parking available or nearby:
- Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, 1.1 miles
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University / Medical Center, 1.5 miles
- Hyatt House Pittsburgh / Bloomfield / Shadyside, 1.2 miles (bus parking on the street, not in hotel)
Since the tournament takes place on a weekend during winter break, on-campus dining locations may be closed. Visit CMU Dining for a list of on-campus dining locations and hours.
Some nearby off-campus food options include:
- Craig Street (5 minute walk along Forbes Ave): Chipotle, Eat Unique, Union Grill, Sushi Fuku, Subway, Quiznos, Lulu’s Noodles, Crèpes Parisiennes, Ali Baba Restaurant, Yuva Indian Kitchen, Rose Tea Cafe Express…
- Oakland (15 minute walk along Forbes Ave): Noodles & Company, Panera Bread, Fuku Tea, McDonald’s, Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts, Primanti Brothers, Piada Italian Street Food, LOTSA Pizza, Five Guys, Mt. Everest Sushi, Hello Bistro, Hunan Bar…
- Squirrel Hill (5 minute drive along Forbes Ave): Bangkok Balcony, Murray Avenue Grill, Everyday Noodles, Eat’n Park, Sichuan Gourmet, Aiello’s Pizza…