The 2021 Carnegie Mellon Science Olympiad Invitational took place on Saturday, January 9th, 2021.
We want to thank everyone for participating in our first virtual invitational!
See the **final tournament results** .
The awards ceremony video can be viewed at the link below.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are planning to hold a Mini SO tournament this year, which we plan to conduct synchronously. For more information on the "Mini SO" format, please check out the National Science Olympiad website.
Schedule of Events
Our event list has been finalized. In following with the PA Board's decisions, we have made the following changes:
- We will not run the Digital Structures event.
- We will be using the CAD software Tinkercad for Write It CAD It (NOT SkyCiv).
Thus, our Mini SO tournament will run 19 events total, as follows, with Write It CAD It being a trial event. Our Scilympiad page has been updated to reflect these changes.
Anatomy, Astronomy, Chem, Circuit Lab, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Detector Building, Disease Detectives, Dynamic Planet, Experimental Design, Forensics Lab, Fossils, Geologic Mapping, Machines, Ornithology, Protein Modeling, Sounds of Music, Water Quality, Write It CAD It
Wherever it makes a difference, we will be following the Regionals rules for all events.
All times are provided in Eastern Standard Time (UTC-05:00).
- January 9th, from 10AM – 10PM: Students take exams.
- January 10th and 11th: Grading
- January 12th, evening: Awards ceremony via webinar (Details TBA)
For information about release forms, exam proctoring, awards, and more, please visit our tournament FAQ document, which we will keep updated! Also visit our page on Sciilympiad, where we will be holding our tournament.
- Oct 10: Registration opened
- Oct 11: Registration closed
- Nov 12: Event list posted
- Nov 17: Event list updated
- Nov 27: Detailed logistics info added
- Dec 27: FAQ link added